Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Terri Schiavo Affair

Who's to decide between life and death. Should we rely on mortal judgements, with thier biases and their insights, their honor and their deceit? Such a course is, naturally, frightening with it's uncertainity. Or should we adhere to a belief where the decisions are clear? Where they are made by powers greater than us. Oddly, such a course is, still, frightening with it's uncertainity.

I don't know. I wish I did. I do think I know one thing, though.

If God, alone, had been the judge in this, Terri Schiavo would have died the same day she had the heart attack. Her husband, her parents, her friends, would have been spared so much heartache. But God, alone, did not make the decision, we intervened, and now it's not as simple. It seems God, alone, would have been more just, more merciful.

Like it or not, it's not just God, alone, anymore. We don't have the luxury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home